Human Resources Manager
The HR Manager is responsible for overseeing and administering policies, programs, and initiatives that support and enable organizational goals and strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Implement and revise company’s compensation program
• Create, revise, and maintain job descriptions
• Conduct annual salary surveys
• Develop, analyze and update the hourly evaluation program
• Maintain and revise the company’s handbook on policies and procedures
• Administer and recommend new policies, approaches, and procedures
• Ensure accurate and timely department records and reports
• Oversee time processing procedures
• Provide training and guidance to supervisors, managers and leaders
• Lead initiatives to support and develop a strong culture throughout the plant
• Train managers to coach and discipline employees; hear and resolve employee grievances; counsel employees and supervisors.
• Oversee programs and events for employee celebrations and recognition
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
• Expected: B.S. in Human Resources or Business Administration or equivalent
• Preferred: 5 years’ experience in HR management, preferably in a manufacturing setting
• Human Resources Certification preferred (PHR or SPHR).
• Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language in order to communicate well. Preferred ability to read, write and comprehend secondary language.
• Ability to read and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to read reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors and operations management
• Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work.
• Sit: Frequent
• Stand/Walk: Occasional
• Lift/Carry: Occasional (1- 50 lbs.)